I just installed version 1.8 and when a new youtube video is downloaded and cached it doesn't has the "flv" extension...
anyone else has seen this behavior?
yes... the extension is gone...
but when i try reopen my last video, it's work...
Thats true. Extension is gone. Now we save the video id itself. Because in future I am planning to support more formats so appending .flv sounds unnecessary :)
Its normal behavior. No need to panic.
Thank you for using videocache!
Kulbir: thanks for the explanation! If I remove the flv extension from older cached videos, then they will be delivered locally again and won't be duplicated... right? thanks!
I migrated from 1.7 to 1.8, removing .flv extension for cached videos.
However, I don't like very much because IExplorer can't identify the files at webserver page. It thinks they are text.
Up to know I just clicked and played the file with VLC.
Any idea to correctly identify the files with the browser?
I don't really have a clue on this because I never used IExplorer. Probably running smb on server and mounting it over to windows will be of help.
I think this is not browser related. With FireFox I have to decide for each video which program to use to open it.
I think this is desktop related. Windows desktop needs to know the extension file. I worked not to much with other desktops but I think KDE it is a similar case.
Perhaps it is better for the cache not to have extensions. Squid itself does it. But its is a problem for webserver-videocache navigation with a desktop workstation.
Yeah it is more of a desktop environment problem. But you need not worry about it. I am planning for a web interface in the near future for the cached videos where you will be able to watch them in the browser itself in a embedded flash player :) So we'll be able say goodbye to desktop related issues.
Thank you for your active participation on forums :)
You need to sign in. Please sign in to add answer to this question.